Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday 6th April 2008 : It Snows

Well today we woke up to find it had snowed (heavily for this part of the country).


About 3-4 inches had settled on and around the CUBE.
So, wearing my dressing gown and some very fetching green wellies I slipped and slid out to ensure the chickens were OK. I opened the gate to the PEN so they could use the bigger fenced area but they sat there clucking irritatedly me at me as if it was my fault that funny white stuff was falling from the sky.
I spent a few seconds crouched making sure they were OK and then the combination of the cold draught UP my dressing gown and the snow going DOWN my neck forced me back indoors. What a wimp :-)





Eventually the snow stopped and we all ventured outside so the kids could make best use of this so rare opportunity to build a snow man.

I joined in and made a snow chicken :-)
I won't say it was my finest piece of artwork ... but I will say it is not my worst.

The chickens (the real ones that is) did not seem offended or,. in fact, at all interested.

Sadly this artwork has now gone thanks to the warming influence of the sun. This picture is all the remains.

Such is the life of an artist :-)

No comments: