Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday 26th March : Three weeks

Corn on the cob. THAT's the treat they love.

With a small corn cob in my hand they'll happily approach and attack it while I hold it. It's allowed me to get holdof them and check them over. No idea really what I'm looking for but they seem fine and healthy and not (too) stressed by being handled.

They also like apples. I bought a ropbust garden feeder. A sort of metal cage (about 6-8 inches tall and shaped a bit like a banana) that I can put larger items in and hang it from the side of the pen. They attack it with "gusto". Having sat and watched them demolish an apple in a matter of minutes I am glad that those beaks are not turned on me though.

Omlet tell me my new 25m fencing should be delivered in a few days which will mean it's easier for me to let them roam about a bit. A bit expensive for what it is (I think) but all I've read says it's a good product - I'll let you know.

No comments: